Monday, September 04, 2006

Steve Irwin Killed By Stingray - Farewell, Mate

Australian naturalist and crocodile conservationist Steve Irwin died today, after being stung by a stingray.

My children have watched Steve Irwin, aka The Crocodile Hunter, since they were tiny children. His passionate love for wildlife had a tremendous impact on them, they are both avid animal lovers. My son, in particular, has become quite the conservation-minded young man, and I have to credit “The Crocodile Hunter” for igniting a passion for animals in my son that intensifies daily.

I am floored by the loss of this ebullient personality. It seems wrong to say “Rest In Piece” to a man who was constant motion, enthusiasm, and energy. All I can say, without tearing up, is Steve, you’re be sorely missed, mate. Farewell and THANK YOU for all you’ve done to inspire children around the world.

©2006 Kathleen M. Wooton, M.D.
Savvy Women's Magazine - Kathy's Kaleidoscope

No comments: